OF THE D.A.R.E./STUDENT SAFETY PROGRAMS
7/1/2005 – 6/30/2006
KINDERGARTEN 4 Classes including
Bus Safety, 911, Bike Safety, and Operation LifeSaver.
1st 4 Classes Medicine and Drug
Safety, Bike Safety, Train Safety, Stranger Danger
2nd 5 Classes DARE lessons 1,
2, 3 & 4 incorporated into 3 lessons &
Recognition Day Ceremony & T-shirts in the
Student Safety also brought to Maquan:
1. Bus Evacuation K-2. Done by Brian Watson this
2. Checks of parking lots for arrival and dismissal
occasionally throughout the year.
3. Periodic checks of building, classrooms, parking
lot, playground and checked locked doors
4. Attend assemblies and field trips when possible.
5. Assisted in Crisis Drill and spoke with students
3rd 4 Classes including DARE
#2 Medicine/Drugs, Bike Safety, Stranger Danger
and Train Safety.
4th 4 classes including DARE
Lessons #1 & #2, Train Safety and Bike Safety.
5th 10 Classes including Smoking,
Marijuana, Alcohol, Inhalants, Bike Safety, Bullying,
Safety, Cocaine and Gun Belt/Vest.
DARE also brought to Indian Head:
1. Bus Evacuation 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.
2. DA’s “Mock Trial” for 5th
grade about “Bullying”, in the past
alcohol & drugs
3. Several trips to Carousel in Whitman for rollerblading
for 3rd, 4th & 5th
1. Public Safety Day with Fire Dept. Sheriff’s
Dept. & Police for 3rd, 4th & 5th (Semi-annual).
2. DA’s Drug Education Camp for 67 - 4th
grade students coming up in August.
3. Routine and frequent checks of the building
and parking lots.
4. Checks over the first few weeks of bus arrivals
5. Attended & assisted with Pumpkin Run, attended
6. Attended 5th grade field day, arts festivals
7. Attended open house with display case and curriculum
8. Assisted with parent pick-up at side door and
parents walking over to claim child
9. Halloween party for 5th and 6th grades, almost
10. Attend as many events and field trips as possible
11. Set up and spoke at “bullying”
play “Do’ in the Right Thing”
Deana’s Fund paid by PAC
6th Grade 17 Classes including
DARE classes, 2/16/06 Evening Graduation with
prizes for 14
Winners, $50.00 bonds each, T-shirts, PowerPoint,
Entertainment and Guest Speakers.
7th Grade New This year 7-8 week
program “Missing” an online game that
teaches 7th graders the
Dangers of internet chat rooms. Provided free
by the Plymouth County DA’s Office.
8th Grade 10 Classes (run as
a junior student police academy) including Train
Safety, Dating Safety/Domestic Violence, Showed
Gun Belt and Vest, Police Procedures Drunk Driving
Goggles (Fatal Vision), Suicide, Depression, Designer
Drugs, Inhalants, Internet Safety, News, Shoplifting,
other crimes and Current Events. Also “Mirror
Image” a computer game about instant messaging
provided free from District Attorney’s office.
Alpha tested a new computer game from the DA’s
office called “Cyber Bullying” about
on line bullying and pirating video’s and
music. Ready for the 8th grade in the 2006-7 school
DARE also brought to Middle School:
1. Bus Evacuation 6-8.
2. Alpha tested new computer game for 8th Grade
about Cyber bullying and pirating.
3. Turkey Trot patrolled for safety and attended
4. 6th, 7th & 8th grade trips to Carousel
5. Attended Band & Choral Concerts.
5. Attended Hot Shot and passed out winner T-shirts
(donated by Student Safety Program)
6. Assisted with buses daily.
7. 6th grade displayed winning posters and essays
in area businesses.
8. Assisted Bill Sweeney with “PROTECT”
students discussing Bullying.
9. Tightened security-people sign in building.
10. Halloween party for 5th and 6th graders
11. Attended 8th grade Recognition Dance.
12. I brought 2 students to Hull for State DARE
graduation (A. Hayes & M. Foley).
13. Played Student/Faculty Volleyball, Floor Hockey
14. Attended 8th grade graduation, gave 2 DARE
Awards at the events,(Matt Dyer & K. Collins).
15. Utilized 8th grade students to help set up
and run events
16. Set up trips to Paw sox and Provident Bruins
17. Set up DARE display case at the Middle School.
18. Attended field trip to Brant Rock with 6th
19. Christmas party at skate town Whitman/Hanson
5th & 6th graders free with prizes.
20. Attended Student Council meetings assisted
with dances, movies ect.
21. Attended Awards, renaissance, spelling, geography
and talent shows.
22. Set up and ran fundraiser for Croghan scholarship
at Carousel for middle school.
23. Assisted in Crisis Lock Down Drill at HMS
and spoke with students afterwards.
24. Channel 4 news team interviewed S. Mewis,
R. Sloan & T. Concannon about playing “Missing”
and discussed on line preditors and what they
25. G. Clancy’s classes presented 8th grade
with bullying info.
All Classes 6th, 7th and some 8th receive
gifts upon visit.
1. Handed out community service hours to all high
4. In the past Brought Nicole Hansen to HS spoke
about “E” and GHB former user.
5. Set up with Georgia Clancy Domestic Violence
week and ran it.
6. Attended some Police Academy classes assisted
with class talk to police & drunk driving.
Regular monthly meetings with District Attorney
at WHRHS regarding students.
Spoke at and attended several SADD meetings.(New
Set up and introduced SANE nurse assembly about
dating and rape sophomores
Attended WHRHS Football Rally.
Set up DARE Scholarship, 2 x $500 given out at
WHRHS (K. Armstrong & K. Lyons).
Delivered with Lt. Savage a class on Domestic
Violence for seniors.
Confirmed DARE Camp 2006 at Hanson Middle as host.
Hanson bringing 67 campers.
Attended seniors assembly Woman’s Place
for domestic violence week
In the past Shadow Day- 3 students came with me
to observe 8th grade also dinner.
Attended Field trip with Ms. Clancy's class to
Brockton City Hall Domestic Violence.
Gave free DWI info to SADD from AAA & attended
SADD Christmas party.
Worked with Chris Mayer and high school art dept.
for cartooning in CORE program.
Brought guest speaker to SADD “Light up
the night” program (A. Cox)
Worked with administration and staff regarding
Drop off posters to high school for drugs, domestic
Use many students from Protect, SADD, Key club
and others to assist with many events.
Set up Play “Yellow Dress” for juniors
for domestic violence week.
In the past Attended “rules” for the
upcoming prom & spoke dating violence.
In the past Chaperoned student police academy
to Plymouth jail.
Worked to “Lockdown” at the High School
and critiqued same. Dogs searched
In the past, Attended CSF awards breakfast with
Set up and introduced, DA’s office assembly
for freshman for Domestic Violence week
Ran fundraiser for Croghan scholarship at Carousel
for high school.
Spoke with several students and dealt with problems
ranging from arrests to questions.
Assisted Ms. Clancy with “Addiction Day”
at the high school.
DARE IN THE COMMUNITY:
Bus evacuations for all K-8th grade buses.
Attend Police In-Service annually to keep up to
In the past, attended new play in Cambridge for
possible use in our high school.
Worked with WATD for prom safety commercials.
Sworn in as a special Police Officer in Whitman
to assist district as necessary.
Attended several Kiwanis Meetings for Safety Day
Cub and Boy scout field trips to police station.
Set up booth at Hanover Drug Fair all weekend
with display cases and information.
Attended Awards Night at Hanover Mall.
Attended Safe Schools class at Bridgewater State
Run my own fundraiser for the Student Safety Program
Hand out Ad booklet and Certificate of appreciation
Attended monthly DARE Summer Camp Meetings.
Solicit funds and food donations for camp.
Set up booth for Domestic Violence info at the
Hanover mall with DA’s office.
Contributors are Lipinski’s Farm, Dunkin
Donuts, Heidi’s, McDonalds & Domino’s
Bike Helmets given away or sold, in eight years
1,072 helmets out into the community.
Attended week long Cops and Kids Conference in
April at Sturbridge Host.
Maintained new “Drug Free Zone” signs
at all schools (Rotary donated).
Maintained all DARE signs coming into the community.
(Highway put up).
Co-planner of Shaw’s Safety Day and Kiwanis
Bike Rodeo (200 plus kids attended)
Recommended Judge Marini to Hall of Fame and attended
Handout ice cream certificates to kids wearing
bike helmets throughout the year.
Patrol schools, camps, businesses, Kiwanee and
Cranberry Cove (summers).
Handle all areas of concern and questions from
businesses and the public.
Work closely with Whitman DARE officer on district
DARE Whitman/Hanson attend Paw-sox game and Providence
Maintain records, paperwork, order supplies, set
up lesson plans & curriculum for classes.
Continuing my education at Curry College for bachelor’s
degree graduated in May/2005 - 2007
Maintain certification as D.A.R.E. Officer by
attending updates as required.
Maintain certification as Operation Lifesaver
Instructor for MBTA train safety.
Attended and assisted with Fun Day at Cranberry
Attended class at Shaw’s Center Brockton
on Substance Abuse.
Re-established CHIP program at all schools for
the fall, also in Whitman for district.
Attended court for cases involving students when
Attended bullying speaker/cyclist pro Chris Poulos
at Whitman’s Duval booked for Camp.
March in Memorial Day Parade, when available hand
out Ice Cream cert. to kids w helmets
NOTE: The Resource Officer Calogero and
other Officers assisted with many of the activities
listed above and with several arrests and incidents
that took place in all four schools in the Whitman-
Hanson R.S.D District along with the DARE and
Resource officers from Whitman.
am constantly viewing new videos and new materials
for classes and updating accordingly for the classes
I instruct from pre-k through high school. Officer
Calogero and I have also “caught”
many situations before they turned into crimes
by being at the schools and helping eliminate
the threats before they become crimes or someone
gets hurt. urt.